Monday, March 16, 2009

Winding down the day and getting ready for bed is never quite the same without splashing about in the bath tub. Rowan likes to play with all sorts of toys. Every now and again he will try to sneak some toys that are clearly not meant for a bath past us when we are not looking. One of his teddies, called Sam, actually took a dip just the other day. He likes to fill bottles with water and empty them over and over again. Sometimes he plays peek-a-boo with his reflection on the chrome fittings. Drinking the bath water is also something that he enjoys when we are not looking.


The next step in our night time ritual is for Rowan to get wrapped up in a soft and cozy towel. Richard carries him to the room where I am waiting patiently. As they make their way toward me I can hear the excited little squeal coming from Rowan in anticipation of what happens next. You see, I am a big believer in laughter before bedtime and so getting dressed for bed is a process that includes lots of tickles, peek-a-boo and various other games that I know will make him howl with laughter. We all enjoy it!

But then it is time to calm down and this is one of my favourite moments of the day. Just before Richard and Rowan get ready for their story time, I get to say good night to Rowan. As he sits in his Dad's arms, he leans toward me with his big blue beautiful eyes locked on mine and gives me a lovely little peck on the mouth. He then puts his head on Richard's chest and closes his eyes clearly indicating that he is now ready for bed. A short story and some tucking in and his is off to dreamland in an instant. We are such lucky parents :)

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment