Friday, March 13, 2009


Today I decided to make better use of our membership to the Museum Center. Our plan was to spend most of our time in the Children's Museum. Apparently a gazillion other families thought that this was a good idea too. People were standing in line to get into the elevator and I just knew that it would be way too crowded.
I have been wanting to take Rowan on a tour through the rest of the museum for a while now just to see how he would react. I decided to take him to the section that tells the history of the city. The great thing about this museum is that they built a scale model of what the city looked like during the early 1900's complete with trains, trams, cars and people. Rowan was in awe - I could tell by the gasp and covering of his mouth with both hands while his eyes grew bigger and brighter at the site of the miniature city and moving trains. Around ever corner was another model, some small and some life sized. He even got to board a replica of a river steamboat. I think he enjoyed the real museum even more than the children's museum.
Next time, we will go to the Natural History section of the Museum where we would get to walk through reconstructions of glaciers and caves systems. I am sure he is going to love it.
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment