Friday, March 27, 2009

Toddler Banking 101

Rowan has been saving up lots of change over the last few months and today was the day to deposit it into his bank account.

Even though Richard and I had already counted and packed all the coins a couple of days ago, I thought Rowan might get a kick out of packing some of the left over change into the coin sleeves all by himself.



Then all the coins had to be placed in a special little bag for secure transportation to the bank. Rowan was quite surprised at how heavy the bag got and when all the coins were bagged he handed it to me with a great big groan. Then we went off to the bank where Rowan witnessed his first real banking transaction. Poor kid. You would think I could come up with something a little more entertaining for him :)

Well, I did feel sorry about making him drive all the way to the bank without any real entertainment and since he has also been saving up some energy we headed to the play ground.

Have a good weekend everybody!
Print this post

2 comments:

  1. I like it! I need to let Owen count up some change. He would get such a kick out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaime! Rowan is always asking for his piggy bank so that he can play with the coins. He pours them from one container to the other and sometimes likes to stack them. Of course some of them end up in his mouth and it makes me cringe. I also can't stand the smell of coins and we have some very intensive hand washing session afterwards. Owen is probably past the stage of sticking everyhting in his mouth so I am sure you two will have some fun with it.

    ReplyDelete