Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A rainy day meant doing some crafts indoors and with Easter approaching we thought making a basket filled with eggs out of clay would be a good way to spend the afternoon.

Rowan always likes the idea of playing with clay. He can't really make anything in particular at this point in time but he does enjoy cutting long worms of clay into smaller pieces. This came in handy when I needed small amounts of clay for the eggs. After a while of watching me roll the clay into little balls he also tried his best to make some eggs. When he revealed a roundish lump of clay in his hands he seemed quite pleased with himself and of course I was pleased too.



So now our little creation is drying and hardening. It should be ready to receive some paint over the weekend. I am sure he is going to love it.



Print this post

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love those cute little eggs. They would be perfect for an indoor easter egg hunt. Ah but the Carms would eat them I bet.

    ReplyDelete