Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This morning we went to another one of the playgrounds in our area. I thought that Rowan would love to try some climbing again, but this time he opted for what nature had to offer. Next to the play area there was a small wooded area. The ground was covered with broken branches, twigs, pine cones, bits of bark and some grass. Rowan spent a lot of time browsing the array of sticks that were on offer and settled on a forked one that he just had to try and put back onto the tree. He tried for a long time to fix this tree but it just wouldn't take.

Then it was time to inspect and explore the bark on the trees. I tried to make a treehugger out of him but he thought that I was just being silly.




I love watching him interact with the natural environment. I can do it all day, every day.

Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment