Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mom

We were very busy again this weekend with lots of small projects that needed to be done around the house and as the weekend was drawing to a close I was worried that I wouldn't have much to write about until something very special happened around 5 p.m.

As you know, Rowan has always had some special names for me. I have been called every name except "mommy" or "mom". But today, oh today, all that changed and he made me the happiest mom ever! I was busy in the studio when Rowan came running up to me shouting: "Mom! Mom!" I was delighted. At last! I gave him a very happy and appreciative smile and hug as I said: "You did it! You said mom! Yay!" (my eyes filling with happy tears). He seemed quite surprised by my reaction and I really can't blame him. He also must have liked it quite a bit because he said it a few more times during the course of the evening.

Later on he wanted some crackers and said: "Mom, ge'm (get them)" and I jumped right to it. Let me tell you, for the time being, every time he asks for something and includes the word, mom in his request he is most likely going to get what he wants because this mom's heart melts when she hears her name coming from his sweet little voice.
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment