Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh Yes. Kids Notice Everything.

When Richard arrived home this evening I was rushing around trying to get everything ready before I had to leave for my pottery studio session. Richard came in, put his bag down on the table, greeted us and asked about our day. You know, the usual.

It turns out that we forgot about something very important and our little guy was the only one that really noticed. He went up to Richard, grabbed him by the hand and pulled him over to where I was standing. "Mom!" he said. For just a split second I wasn't sure what he was trying to do, but I very soon realised that Richard and I forgot to hug each other when he was pushing Richard closer to me. So we hugged and Rowan was happy. And of course we pulled him closer too for a big family hug.
Print this post

1 comment: