Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Today was an ordinary day. It was a nice day. A phonecall from a friend from far far away. News that my Mom is feeling much better. A lovely dinner. A great big hug and kiss from Rowan as I was about to leave for my pottery class. Some fun conversation while making things out of mud. A nice cup of coffee. And a beautiful song on the radio as I was heading home called "The Sweetest Gift" by Sade. I love the lyrics and always imagine myself singing it to Rowan.

The Sweetest Gift

Quietly while you were asleep
The moon and I were talking
I asked that she'd always keep you protected
She promised you her light
That you so gracefully carry
You bring your light and shine like morning
And then the wind pulls the clouds across the moon
Your light fills the darkest room
And I can see the miracle
That keeps us from falling
She promised all the sweetest gifts
That only the heaven's could bestow
You bring your light and shine like morning
And as you so gracefully give
Her light as long as you live
I'll always remember this moment
Print this post

1 comment: