Monday, November 2, 2009

Skipping Back to School

After an entire week of being at home with boring old Mom, Rowan was happy and eager to go back to school today. When I mentioned school to him this morning, he grabbed his coat and his back pack and was ready to head for the car when I reminded him that he was still wearing his pajamas and that he didn't have any shoes on. After the cutest little grin and a bit of a snort, he skipped towards his trucks and continued playing.

I was so happy to see him feeling energetic and in an overall positive mood again. It really brightens my day when he is enjoying life - not just because it makes my job as a parent easier (because let's face it - it really does help a lot) but also because it inspires me to add a bit of a skip to my step and not to take things too seriously.
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment