Sunday, November 22, 2009

Daddy's Boy.

Over the last week or so Rowan has been asking for his Dad a little more than usual. When I greet him in the morning he usually says: "Hi Mom. Where's Daddy?" and sometimes all he says is: "Where's Daddy?" As much as I adore the fact that he loves his Dad so very much I will admit that sometimes, just sometimes, it makes me feel a little less loved. But hey, don't get me wrong here - I pretty much melt whenever he says Mom.

Most mornings I have to explain to him that Dad's gone to work and he gets very sad - lips pouting and everything. Sometimes we end up calling Richard at work so that Rowan can cheer up. So, I am quite sure that Rowan really looks forward to the weekends where he can wake up in the morning and be greeted by his Dad in person.

This weekend was one of those weekends where Rowan didn't leave Richard's side (being Dad's little helper) and even when Richard managed to slip away for a second Rowan wandered around the house calling for him.

Well, tomorrow is Monday again and I just know that Rowan is going to wake up and be disappointed. Luckily it usually only lasts as long as it takes us to walk down the stairs.
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment