Friday, November 20, 2009

Play Date with J

Hi to all. It has been a while since my last post and I think I should explain why. You see, I think we have finally reached that point where there isn't always something interesting to tell you about and I find that I really need there to be something special to share in order for me to be inspired to start typing this late at night. So I guess what I am trying to say is that from now on, I will only be posting new pieces when there actually is something to talk about or perhaps I will share some photos instead of a lengthy story. I do hope that you will still keep checking in every now and again.

Something special did happen today. Rowan had a play date with his friend, J, from school. We went over to their house where he got to play and I got to chat for over two hours. I was so pleased to see the two boys get along so well. They still haven't reached the point where they are actually playing with each other, but they do seem to enjoy eachother's company.

J shares a huge play area with his big brother and little sister in the basement of their house. It was wonderful. The entire area was completely kid friendly and filled with toys and activities. In fact as we came down the stairs and turned the corner to have an entire wall of toys revealed to us Rowan excitedly shouted "Whoooo!" as he folded in half sticking his head out and opening his eyes as wide as possible to take in the splendor of it all.

The entire time that we were there I didn't have to say no to him once. He was well behaved and content so I was able to relax and enjoy some real conversation with another adult which made me feel happy and content and so the two of us started our day and it seems the mood continued right through to the evening.

We had fun today. Rowan went to bed laughing and I am sure that when I lay my head on my pillow tonight the glimpses of a day well lived will put a smile on my face too.
Print this post

No comments:

Post a Comment